geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CDI/OWB status
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2011 20:18:24 GMT

On Jan 5, 2011, at 12:44 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> On Jan 5, 2011, at 8:09 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:
>

>> On Jan 3, 2011, at 1:14 PM, David Jencks wrote:
>>
>>> I've been working on the OWB integration some more.  Locally, there are 2 failing
tests with felix and either tomcat or jetty.  These relate to OWB-493 and https://issues.jboss.org/browse/CDITCK-168
 The tests currently take advantage of java compiler limitations to require the ProcessProducerMethod.getProducerMethod
to return an AnnotatedMethod whose generic type parameter differs from that required by the
javadoc.  I assume we'll either get Pete to exclude these tests and/or get OWB to fix the
implementation.

>>> This also requires a slight change to OpenEJB's CdiResourceInjectionService which
I'm asking about on the openejb list.

>>> More seriously I haven't been able to solve the linkage error I get with the
persistence context tests under equinox.  Perhaps someone with more classloader expertise
than I could take a look at these.

>>> To run just the linkage error tests add this to tck-tests-current.xml under <packages>
>>>
>>> <package name="org.jboss.jsr299.tck.tests.implementation.simple.resource.persistenceContext.*"/>
>>>
>>> and comment out the existing lines.  Then run
>>>
>>> mvn clean test -Dgeronimo-assembly -Dincontainer -DassemblyId=tomcat7-javaee6
-Dcurrent

I seem to be reproducing your problem now running the following:

mvn test -Dgeronimo-assembly -Dincontainer -DassemblyId=tomcat7-javaee6-web -Pcurrent

(the full profile is failing due to an axis problem during deploy).

Is this the linkage error you are seeing?

Caused by: java.lang.LinkageError: loader (instance of  org/eclipse/osgi/internal/baseadaptor/DefaultClassLoader):
attempted  duplicate class definition for name: "org/testng/annotations/BeforeSuite"

        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:632)

        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.defineClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:188)

        at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.defineClass(ClasspathManager.java:580)

        at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:550)

        at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:481)

        at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass_LockClassLoader(ClasspathManager.java:469)

        at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:449)

        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:216)

        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:393)

        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:469)

        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:422)

        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)

        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)

        at sun.reflect.generics.factory.CoreReflectionFactory.makeNamedType(CoreReflectionFactory.java:95)

        at sun.reflect.generics.visitor.Reifier.visitClassTypeSignature(Reifier.java:107)

        at sun.reflect.generics.tree.ClassTypeSignature.accept(ClassTypeSignature.java:31)

        at sun.reflect.annotation.AnnotationParser.parseSig(AnnotationParser.java:370)

        at sun.reflect.annotation.AnnotationParser.parseAnnotation(AnnotationParser.java:181)

        at sun.reflect.annotation.AnnotationParser.parseAnnotations2(AnnotationParser.java:69)

        at sun.reflect.annotation.AnnotationParser.parseAnnotations(AnnotationParser.java:52)

        at java.lang.reflect.Method.declaredAnnotations(Method.java:693)

        at java.lang.reflect.Method.getDeclaredAnnotations(Method.java:686)

        at java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.getAnnotations(AccessibleObject.java:175)

        at org.apache.xbean.finder.AbstractFinder$Annotatable.<init>(AbstractFinder.java:575)

        at org.apache.xbean.finder.AbstractFinder$MethodInfo.<init>(AbstractFinder.java:725)

        at org.apache.xbean.finder.AbstractFinder.readClassDef(AbstractFinder.java:552)

        at org.apache.xbean.finder.ClassFinder.<init>(ClassFinder.java:137)

        at org.apache.openejb.config.AnnotationDeployer$ProcessAnnotatedBeans.createInheritedClassFinder(AnnotationDeployer.java:3608)

        at org.apache.openejb.config.AnnotationDeployer$ProcessAnnotatedBeans.deploy(AnnotationDeployer.java:670)

        at org.apache.openejb.config.AnnotationDeployer.deploy(AnnotationDeployer.java:246)

        at org.apache.openejb.cdi.CdiResourceInjectionService.buildInjections(CdiResourceInjectionService.java:73)

        at org.apache.openejb.cdi.OpenEJBLifecycle.startApplication(OpenEJBLifecycle.java:158)

        at org.apache.geronimo.openejb.ThreadSingletonServiceAdapter.initialize(ThreadSingletonServiceAdapter.java:62)

        at org.apache.openejb.cdi.CdiBuilder.build(CdiBuilder.java:46)

        at org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.createApplication(Assembler.java:649)

        ... 70 more