geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] how to support single hot deploy directory for both EE apps and OSGi apps.
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2011 17:07:28 GMT
I think that if an artifact has osgi info in it we should use it.  If it also has javaee or
geronimo specific info in it we should use that too.

If you want to install an ejb module that is a bundle and don't want the ejb app then you
should turn off openejb.

We might need to do a little more work on our deployers to make the above scenarios work but
I think the goal is reasonable.

thanks
david jencks

On Jan 21, 2011, at 2:06 AM, Shawn Jiang wrote:

> Recently, I just added another hotbundles directory for OSGi bundles hot deployment [1].
  I did this because we support both OSGi and EE application at the same time.

> if we use a single hot deploy location:
>
> 1,   Given an jar file with both WAB manifest and geronimo-web.xml.    How could we tell
what deployment path the user want ? handle it as a war or a WAB ?

> 2,  the same problem is in a  EJB jar with OSGi manifest.   How would we know if the
user just wants to install a bundle to export some packages.   Or he wants to deploy a EE
EJB jar ?