Congrats everyone for this new release and thanks to Rex in bringing out this new release.

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 3:05 PM, Rex Wang <rwonly@gmail.com> wrote:
The Apache Geronimo project is pleased to announce the available of Apache Geronimo v2.1.7 server. This release includes many new features, improvements, and bug fixes. Please see the detail information in the release notes:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/tags/geronimo-2.1.7/RELEASE_NOTES-2.1.7.txt

A couple highlights are:
* Provide Generic Header based authentication support
* Add db2 for iSeries tranql xa connector to server
* Start Derby NetworkServerControl with credentials to prevent unauthorized shutdowns
* Upgrade Tomcat to 6.0.29, wadi to 2.1.2, tranql to 1.7, OpenEJB to 3.0.3, txmanager to 2.2.1 etc.

The individual jars and plugins have been available through maven repository, and you can also download the source jar and assemblies in http://www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/2.1.7/

I have posted a news along with the downloads page in our confluence, however it may need some time to sync to home page.

A big THANK YOU to all that contributed to this release!  Great work everyone!

--
Lei Wang (Rex)
rwonly AT apache.org