geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EOFException in ActiveMQ 4.1.2
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2010 03:10:18 GMT

On Dec 19, 2010, at 7:19 AM, Shawn Jiang wrote:

> Similar exceptions in geronimo 2.2.1 when connecting to derby during a  recovery process.

> Is it possible that some context is not there when txmanager is trying to do the recovery
?

The Derby issue seems different to me, though the underlying processing (transaction recovery)
is the same. The Derby problem seems to be an authentication issue:

[INFO] Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Connection authentication failure occurred. Reason:
Invalid authentication..
[INFO] at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
[INFO] at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsForTransportAcrossDRDA(Unknown
Source)
[INFO] ... 62 more

I assume we're missing appropriate configuration with the recent Embedded Derby authentication
changes.

The ActiveMQ problem sounds like a timing issue: I would guess that perhaps the Server is
not always fully started when the managed connections are being created? I assume this only
happens once and then the problem disappears?

--kevan