geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: EOFException in ActiveMQ 4.1.2
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2010 03:10:18 GMT

On Dec 19, 2010, at 7:19 AM, Shawn Jiang wrote:

> Similar exceptions in geronimo 2.2.1 when connecting to derby during a  recovery process.
> Is it possible that some context is not there when txmanager is trying to do the recovery

The Derby issue seems different to me, though the underlying processing (transaction recovery)
is the same. The Derby problem seems to be an authentication issue:

[INFO] Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Connection authentication failure occurred. Reason:
Invalid authentication..
[INFO] at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
[INFO] at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsForTransportAcrossDRDA(Unknown
[INFO] ... 62 more

I assume we're missing appropriate configuration with the recent Embedded Derby authentication

The ActiveMQ problem sounds like a timing issue: I would guess that perhaps the Server is
not always fully started when the managed connections are being created? I assume this only
happens once and then the problem disappears?

View raw message