geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: About GERONIMO-5729 issue
Date Tue, 28 Dec 2010 01:15:37 GMT
Hi!

It's great to see your interest!

On Dec 27, 2010, at 3:13 PM, andronat_asf wrote:

> Hello people!
>
> I was working on the issue 5729 as mentioned in http://apache-geronimo.328035.n3.nabble.com/ASF-Mentoring-Program-td2063989.html
. I found that RedirectByHashFilter could be modified by adding noxssShowTree=true to every
redirect, and solve the problem on the welcome screen and menu appearance. Any comment would
be totally useful

Hopefully someone who knows more about this aspect than me can comment...

> I would also like to point out that I downloaded Geronimo ver. 3-M1. I managed to successfully
build it with maven eclipse:eclipse but when I tried to import the projects, some of them
had the same name which produced errors that wouldn't allow me to load all the projects. Is
this a bug or something normal? I am using Eclipse Helios and I have followed all the instructions
in the Geronimo wiki.

I recommend working with geronimo trunk as M1 is pretty out of date.  When I use eclipse I
use the m2eclipse plugin and haven't run into this particular problem.  On the other hand
I usually use IDEA.  The free version is pretty good.

> A question i have about the management of the whole geronimo project is how can i find
 the order the packets are executed. For example I am currently looking in console-portal-driver
project. How can i find the supper set of this? Or could you suggest me some tricks about
those matters? (management, etc..)

I build on the command line using maven (maven 3.0.1 to be more precise).  When I want to
see what order is used I look at the maven output.  I think you can run maven builds from
both eclipse and IDEA but I have never tried this.  Recently I found this page of very useful
ways to build subsets of a big maven project:

http://www.sonatype.com/people/2009/10/maven-tips-and-tricks-advanced-reactor-options/

> One last thing I want to ask is how I can build a working package of Geronimo from all
those small projects in eclipse ( like the one on the download page  ). Sorry if this question
is too trivial but it will be very enlightening for me.

Again I just use maven from the command line.  There may be a fancier way using m2eclipse.

thanks!
david jencks