geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From andronat_asf <andronat_...@hotmail.com>
Subject ASF Mentoring Program
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 15:24:01 GMT

	Hello my name is Anastasis Andronidis, I am an undergraduate Computer Science student in
the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, and it would be of my utmost interest to participate
in the ASF Mentoring Program. I would be delighted to offer the best of my efforts to the
Geronimo project.

	My main interest lies in developing and bug testing. I am also enrolled in opense.net,  an
educational framework supported by my university,and where currently the ASF has expressed
their interest in finding mentees

	Currently I am interested in solving this issue: https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/GERONIMO-5717
or https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-5729 or
anything else that the community believes is more needed.

	Apart from completing the mandatory project in the 'Introduction to Software Engineering'
course, the main reason for me wanting to join the ASF Mentoring program is that more than
anything to contribute to the Open Source community, not to mention the experience I would
gain by working for the most accomplished community that developed really popular projects
including the most popular, Apache Web-Server

	I am new to all this and I don't really know what I exactly have to do for being accepted
as a mentee in this program, so any advice would be more than welcome!