geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ASF Mentoring Program
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 04:35:44 GMT

On Dec 14, 2010, at 4:20 PM, andronat_asf wrote:

> I mostly thank you all for your replies!
>
> 	I like developing most of all and this is my main target! I don't really know where
to start from, because all aspects seam so exciting and interesting xD. I think I would start
by setting up Geronimo and get busy with GERONIMO-5729 right after.

> 	My problem however is that I am new all these issues regarding the community and I am
not sure whom I'm supposed to mail if I get stuck or if I need to ensure that I am doing the
right thing... I would also like to ask if there are any tools that can help me do the job
faster?

You are always welcome to use the mailing list. There is also a Geronimo IRC channel -- irc://irc.freenode.net/geronimo
which can be used for more immediate conversations.

Tools-wise, many people use Eclipse. However, a fair number of people use IntelliJ IDEA, also.
You'll need Maven -- version 2.2.1 (although some people are using Maven 3.0.1).

That should be sufficient for most of your near-term requirements.

> I also made a JIRA account as you proposed; My username is: andronat

Great. We'll register you as a contributor, which will allow you to assign Jira's to yourself
-- indicating to others that you are working on a particular issue...

--kevan