geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Geronimo twitter account
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 16:17:47 GMT
All,
I've created a project Twitter account -- http://twitter.com/ASFGeronimo (Geronimo and ApacheGeronimo
were taken)

Thoughts? I've somewhat optimistically labeled it as the "Official Twitter feed of the Apache
Geronimo project". The account is currently registered under a private email address. Assuming
we like the idea of having a project Twitter account, we can create a project email address,
and share the Twitter/email password within the PMC -- allowing PMC members to Tweet "Geronimo"
news, etc. Any suggestions on how to better manage this would be welcome...

We may want some controls/guidelines in place about information that we should be tweeting.
However, I don't expect too much of a problem. Most information will be mirroring news/blogs/releases
that we'd be publishing via other mediums, anyway... Shortened urls should be created using
Apache's URI shortening service -- http://s.apache.org/ . IMO, Geronimo tweets should be specific
to the Geronimo project, though we may advertise ASF news, also...

Any objections to the project hosting a Twitter account, please speak up...

--kevan