geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject geronimo/owb cdi tck status
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 08:10:29 GMT
The cdi guys published a new release of the cdi tck on monday, 1.0.2.SP1.  Geronimo/owb has
9 or 12 failures

  testNonexistentConversationExceptionThrown(org.jboss.jsr299.tck.tests.context.conversation.ClientConversationContextTest)
This test was possibly inadvertently added from 1.1 (trunk) but with missing pieces.  I've
asked in CDITCK-191 what is intended.

  testGetAnnotatedMethod(org.jboss.jsr299.tck.tests.extensions.observer.ProcessObserverMethodEventTest)
  testProcessObserverMethodEventsSent(org.jboss.jsr299.tck.tests.extensions.observer.ProcessObserverMethodEventTest)
  testGetObserverMethod(org.jboss.jsr299.tck.tests.extensions.observer.ProcessObserverMethodEventTest)
These are fixed currently per OWB-490 but there is a question whether the test is correct,
Gurkan has opened CIDTCK-199 to try to find out what is intended.

  testProcessProducerMethodEvent(org.jboss.jsr299.tck.tests.extensions.processBean.ProcessBeanTest)
  testProcessProducerFieldEvent(org.jboss.jsr299.tck.tests.extensions.processBean.ProcessBeanTest)
See OWB-493.  I spent a few hours investigating this but got lost.  I could use some help
from OWB experts.

  testPassivationOfPersistenceUnit(org.jboss.jsr299.tck.tests.implementation.simple.resource.persistenceContext.PersistenceContextInjectionTest)
  testInjectionOfPersistenceContext(org.jboss.jsr299.tck.tests.implementation.simple.resource.persistenceContext.PersistenceContextInjectionTest)
  testInjectionOfPersistenceUnit(org.jboss.jsr299.tck.tests.implementation.simple.resource.persistenceContext.PersistenceContextInjectionTest)
  testBeanTypesAndBindingTypesOfPersistenceContext(org.jboss.jsr299.tck.tests.implementation.simple.resource.persistenceContext.PersistenceContextInjectionTest)
  testPassivationOfPersistenceContext(org.jboss.jsr299.tck.tests.implementation.simple.resource.persistenceContext.PersistenceContextInjectionTest)
The immediate error here is that the persistence.xml uses a proprietary jndi name for jta-datasource.
 Pete says we should be able to replace the persistence.xml with one that works for us.  I
haven't tried yet.

  testInjectionIntoWebServiceEndpoint(org.jboss.jsr299.tck.tests.lookup.injection.non.contextual.ws.InjectionIntoWebServiceEndPointTest)
I will raise a CDITCK jira asking why a web service test is run in web profile where web services
are not supported.

I have a little bit of evidence that there will be a problem when we run against the full
server because I think the test harness is generating invalid ears: the war has a manifest
class-path entry that is supposed to point to a jar with all the classes in it, but it appears
to be wrong.

thanks
david jencks