geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Creating a 3.0-M2 branch?
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2010 19:42:55 GMT
I'm sensing that we might be approaching the point where it might be a
good idea to create a branch for the 3.0-M2 release.  This would free up
trunk for any full profile work that might be ready to start as well as
allowing work to start on eliminating the different snapshot
dependencies.  Other than fixes for TCK problems, how much work remains
to be done for 3.0-M2 that should be completed before a branch is
taken.  I'm thinking we might want to create this branch next week if
that's feasible.

On a related topic, for the 3.0-M1 release, the source branch was rather
aggressively pruned of all subprojects that are not in a working state,
as well as all testsuite tests for those features (e.g., all of the
webservices components and tests).  That was a fairly time consuming
process and I'm wondering how much of that needs to be done for the M2
release.  Less would definitely be better.

Rick