geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to map the lifecycle between blueprint and configuration ?
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2010 07:20:14 GMT
Hi Ivan,

I didn't think there was a way to explicitly get a bundle into the "resolved" state.  Did
I miss something?  It was quite a long time ago but I think this was the reason I didn't pursue
the mapping you suggest.

I wonder how serious this problem is and if we should wait to see what a gbean-free geronimo
looks like?

thanks
david jencks

On Nov 22, 2010, at 10:06 PM, Ivan wrote:

> I am thinking that, do we need to seperate the Configuration with its sub gbeans now
? Currently, we start the Configuration gbean in the load process, and start the sub gbeans
in the start process, I guess that in the past, we need this, as sometimes it is just required
the classloader work, not the gbean service. But now, in OSGI, once those bundles are resolved,
they are ready for class loading request.
> Now, I am trying to make the mapping like :
> resolved  -> load configuration data
> started   -> configuration gbean + sub gbeans + blueprint service
> Not sure whether I miss anything, please help to point it out, so that I could save some
time, thanks.

> 2010/11/22 Ivan <xhhsld@gmail.com>
> Hi,
>     When looking at GERONIMO-5579, I found that in the full profile, there are duplicate
JNDI services are published in the server runtime, and those unwanted ones are from client
module. In the past, we use ImportType.CLASS to make the class loading ready, so those sub
gbeans are not started. But now, those JNDI configurations are from blueprint configurations,
and they are published once the bundle is started, and the Configuration is also loaded after
the Bundle is started.
>     I think that the blueprint service in the car plays the same role as those sub gbeans,
is it possible to change the lifecycle mapping relation ?
>    bundles     plugins
>    installed     plugin installed
>    resolved    configuration gbean started
>    started      configuration gbeans started + blueprint service
>
>    or just remove dependency client module from the client-deployer, and copy all the
dependencies from the client module to client-deployer module,