geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: move tranql to java 1.6?
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2010 07:35:42 GMT

On Nov 1, 2010, at 11:31 PM, Ashish Jain wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Is the problem you are facing due to TQL-26? We also need to have a release of Tranql
ra for DB2 on Iseries which is addressed through TQL-22.

I was hoping to apply TQL-26 and TQL-24.  TQL-25 has the patch to move to java 1.6, but it
needs editing.  If people think it won't cause problems to add the new sql methods, I'll work
on applying that.  I can do TQL-22 too.  Have TQL-21 and 22 been applied?  I also seem to
have lost my ability to log into tranql jira :-(

thanks
david jencks

> Thanks
> Ashish
>
> On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 9:37 AM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've been unable to compile tranql to try out a couple patches and release since apple
removed java 1.5 from my mac and I haven't figured out how to get it back yet.

> Perhaps its time to move tranql to java 1.6 with the new methods on the sql interfaces?
 I'd assume we'd keep java 1.5 compatible class format.  There's a patch that I think does
this, although it looks like it has some additional problems that would need ironing out.