geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Horsey <dave.horse...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo Branding
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2010 20:39:17 GMT
Just read through the PMCS link, and I'd more or less concur with
Jeff's comment. Quick scan of the main home page and a couple of
possible additions come to mind, depending on the scope of this piece
of work:

- the header statement "The goal of" refers to the Geronimo project,
rather than the Apache Geronimo project
- theres a requirement for a "prominent" link to the ASF home
page...which the link in the Overview panel may/may not comply with

Agree on Trademarks/Powered by/Other guidelines.

Guessing there'd be a need to check out the subproject sites as well
(noted that the GBuild link in the nav panel looks to be broken).

Happy to help out on this one.

Cheers
Dave

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 8:25 AM, chi runhua <chirunhua@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just go through the requirements in http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs quickly
and here are some differences I've noticed.  Not sure I was looking into the right direction.

> Project Website                             complied
> Project Naming and Description       complied
> Website navigation links         complied
> Trademark attributions            we don't have one on the Geronimo homepage,
might need to update the main page?
similar to http://www.apache.org/images/apache_pb.gif, so we might just pass this one?
> Other trademark guideline       GShell is written with Groovy, might need to use
GShell for Groovy instead of GShell?

requirements as described in http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs

>> In particular, conforming to the naming and trademark attribution requirements will
require updates. But, we'll need to review all of the requirements to insure that we're conforming.
We'll need to include status in our next board report and have been asked to conform to these
requirements by March 2011.

>> Anybody interested in helping out with this? We should start with a review of the
changes that are required (discuss on this list).

--
Cheers,

Dave