geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Forrest Xia <forres...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Please test tranql connectors on java 1.5
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 09:44:24 GMT
On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 11:14 AM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com>wrote:

> We could do that, but the main problem at the moment is that I don't have
> an environment that runs java 1.5 and any such branch would need one for me
> to be able to release it.  Does anyone know if any sql drivers are actually
> updated with the new java 6 sql features?

I checked DB2, Oracle, postgreSQL, MySQL, and Informix jdbc driver, and all
of them were compiled with java 1.4. Even for derby driver, I don't see java
6 used. So I think the current jdbc drivers that tranql depends on has no
java 6 feature used.

> thanks
> david jencks

I made a local branch from rev 799, excludes rev 800 and 801 but include 802
and 803, it can be built with java 5. After compiled into G 2.1.7 snapshot,
the connector function seems work well.

I am not sure if we can make a branch from rev 799, and apply 802 and 803 to
make a tranql release for G 2.1.7 release. If doable, I would volunteer to
make that release :-)

Forrest