geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Forrest Xia <forres...@gmail.com>
Subject Transaction retry testing passed on G 2.1.7 latest snapshot build!
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2010 04:44:51 GMT
Hi all,

Good news about transaction retry testing, after using the latest G 2.1.7
snapshot build, which is upgraded to txmanager 2.2.1, the transaction retry
test is passed successfully.

The general test idea about the transaction retry as following:
1. Prepare a test app which transfer data from database 1 to database 2, the
database and its jdbc driver has XA capability.
2. Database 1 and 2 is located on different node, when we put load on the
app, we cut off the network connection of database 2 on purpose to create
transaction accidents
3. Check database 2 integrity, and will see some hung transaction records,
then we reconnect the network, wait a while and see if there are any hung
transaction records
4. If none, then it proves the transaction retries happened, and data keeps
integrity. If still some hung transaction records, then the test fails.

Next, I will try to replay this testing on G 2.2.x and 3.0 snapshot build.

Let me know if any concern or comment here.

Forrest