geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Kirby <>
Subject Re: Suggestions for improving new G and GEP user experiences
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 14:58:49 GMT
Yes, there are various testsuite options, including os (windows, unix,
mac) and 32 v 64 bit. Perhaps ideally it would run on all of them.
There are platform differences on the mac.  A big one is
Eclipse->preferences on mac vs. window->preferences on windows.  This
affects the testsuite test cases. The testsuite was developed on
windows 32.  I would say initially running the testsuite on windows 32
is a good start, and probably sufficient, certainly until it works on
mac.  I am not familiar with SWTBOT.  I did some investigation with
some knowledgeable folks, and Abbot still seems a reasonable choice.
However, I think we are using an older level of Abbot.  I think we
should upgrade to the latest Abbot levels, which are early 2009, but
this is also a future item, I think.  If SWTBOT is better or folks
want to use it, that seems fine with me.  We do have an investment in
Abbot for the existing testsuite.  See
for testuite info.

Ted Kirby

View raw message