geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Build problem in server trunk.
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2010 16:20:15 GMT
I was having problems building trunk this morning, and it looks like the
root cause of the problem is a javassist version mismatch.  The
openwebbeans project is using the javassist 3.12.0.GA version to build
and Geronimo is using the Servicemix bundlized 3.7.GA version.  The
build failure was a ClassNotFoundException attempting to load one of the
javassist utility classes that is not included in the 3.7.GA version.  I
did a quick experiment and created a 3.12.0.GA version of the servicemix
bundle, and the build problem went away.

Unfortunately, the servicemix project does not have a 3.12.0.GA version
of this bundle yet.  I've pinged the servicemix dev list about getting a
new version, but I'd not seen a reply.  I'm thinking that we might want
to create a Geronimo hosted bundle of this release and get a snapshot
deployed.  That way, the Geronimo build can pick up the snapshot until
the question of where this is hosted gets resolved.  At least that way,
we'll still be able to build.  Does this seem like a reasonable plan?

Rick