geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: One question about portOffset cm configuration in activemq.xml
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2010 16:48:24 GMT
It's been a long time so I might not remember correctly.  I don't think I figured out how to
use config admin here.  I think I figured out a way for these substitution properties to be
obtained from the geronimo config-substitutions.properties.  I remember I added "arithmatic"
capabilities to some code I found in aries blueprint.

Using config admin would be somewhat better now but I don't know what changing the config
while the broker is running should do.

thanks
david jencks

On Nov 25, 2010, at 2:58 AM, viola lu wrote:

> Hi, Dev:
>
>  When  fixing the jira https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-5559, i found that
activemq-broker-blueprint module defines its configuration properties in OSGI-INF\blueprint\activemq.xml
such as portOffset via cm as below:
> <cm:property-placeholder id="property-placeholder" persistent-id="blueprint-activemq-placeholder"
placeholder-prefix="${" placeholder-suffix="}" ignore-missing-locations="true">
>         <cm:default-properties>
>             <cm:property name="activemq.brokerName" value="activemq"/>
>             <cm:property name="activemq.data" value="var/activemq"/>
>             <cm:property name="serverHostname" value="localhost"/>
>             <cm:property name="activemq.port" value="61616"/>
>             <cm:property name="portOffset" value="0"/>
>         </cm:default-properties>
>         <cm:location>file:$(karaf.base)/etc/blueprint-activemq-placeholder.cfg</cm:location>
>     </cm:property-placeholder>
>
> those properties are read into ConfigAdmin service. But amq namespace seems can't parse
those properties from configAdmin service as below:

> <amq:brokerService brokerName="${activemq.brokerName}" tmpDataDirectory="${activemq.data}/tmp_storage"
schedulerSupport="false">
> ..
>   <amq:transportConnectors>
>             <amq:transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://${serverHostname}:${activemq.port
+ portOffset}"/>
> ..
> I tried to change portOffset property via etc/blueprint-activemq-placeholder.cfg , but
activemq broker port is still default 61616.