geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Please test tranql connectors on java 1.5
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 03:12:29 GMT
Hi Forrest,

I've been wondering what to do about this situation.  One idea I had was to:

1. make a tranql jar including the missing ClientException class and any others needed.  I
would not make this a bundle
2. include this jar in each tranql rar.  This will get it in the same classloader as the other
tranql jars in any connector container.
3. hopefully the result will work on both java 5 and java 6.

If this doesn't work I suspect we will have to roll back the upgrade to java 6 and I'll have
to figure out how to build on java 5 again.

thanks!
david jencks

On Nov 8, 2010, at 6:46 PM, Forrest Xia wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> I want to give a hand on tranql java 5 incompatible issue, my basic idea is to make a
java 5 compatible build with the necessary fixes for G 2.1.7 release use.