geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build problem in server trunk.
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2010 12:07:34 GMT

On Nov 1, 2010, at 12:20 PM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> I was having problems building trunk this morning, and it looks like the root cause of
the problem is a javassist version mismatch.  The openwebbeans project is using the javassist
3.12.0.GA version to build and Geronimo is using the Servicemix bundlized 3.7.GA version.
 The build failure was a ClassNotFoundException attempting to load one of the javassist utility
classes that is not included in the 3.7.GA version.  I did a quick experiment and created
a 3.12.0.GA version of the servicemix bundle, and the build problem went away.

> Unfortunately, the servicemix project does not have a 3.12.0.GA version of this bundle
yet.  I've pinged the servicemix dev list about getting a new version, but I'd not seen a
reply.  I'm thinking that we might want to create a Geronimo hosted bundle of this release
and get a snapshot deployed.  That way, the Geronimo build can pick up the snapshot until
the question of where this is hosted gets resolved.  At least that way, we'll still be able
to build.  Does this seem like a reasonable plan?

Seems reasonable to me.

--kevan