geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pull the latest Tomcat codes to our own repository
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2010 13:49:20 GMT

On Oct 20, 2010, at 2:25 AM, Ivan wrote:

> Just find an annoying change in the latest Tomcat codes, a class HTMLManagerServlet in
the catalina package refers to a class in the catalina-ha.
> I plan to move this class to the catalina-ha package, seems that this class is not refered
by any other classes in the Tomcat code base. or anyone has better ideas ?

I expect that the following is your intention, but I think it's worth stating -- this should
be taken up with the Tomcat community. Our goal should be to not have any long-term changes
to Tomcat. We should be working with the Tomcat community to understand our problems and have
our updates applied to Tomcat, not in our externals release.

In this instance, I don't understand why HTMLManagerServlet needs to be aware of the specific
Manager sub-class, at all. Seems like the Manager interface could have provided an appropriate
method for retrieving the desired information.

--kevan