geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Is there an OSGI Framework Bundle API for accessing nested archive content?
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2010 17:07:44 GMT
I think we've put all the jars or wars that could have this file in them in the bundle class
path, so I would expect bundle.getResources() to provide all the possiblilites.  I haven't
tried it in this context, but it seems to work for something similar -- finding META-INF/resources
directories in jars in WEB-INF/lib in wars.

thanks
david jencks

On Oct 8, 2010, at 9:15 AM, Vamsavardhana Reddy wrote:

> The ValidatorFactoryGBean uses Bundle.getEntry() to get to META-INF/validation.xml and
WEB-INF/validation.xml files in EJB and Web archives.  This works fine for standalone modules.
 When the JAR or WAR is packaged in an EAR file, Bundle.getEntry("<war-modulename>.war/WEB-INF/validation.xml")
gets me to the file as WAR file is exploded and repackaged in the EAR whereas Bundle.getEntry("<ejb-modulename>.jar/META-INF/validation.xml")
does not work since the EJB jar is stored as is in the EAR.  One option I can think of is
to get the EJB jar entry, store it to a temporary file, open it with Jar APIs to get to "META-INF/validation.xml".

> myapp.ear
>  my-ejb.jar (EJB jar is stored as is)
>    +--META-INF
>        +-- validation.xml
>  +--my-web.war (WAR file is exploded, so WEB-INF is a directory in the repackaged EAR)
>      +--WEB-INF
>          +-- validation.xml
>
>  Is there any Bundle API that will allow to access the content in the nested archives?
Or any other way to get to the file of interest without creating temporary files?