geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1022868 - in /geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/branches/2.1.7: eclipse/pom.xml plugins/org.apache.geronimo.runtime.common/pom.xml plugins/org.apache.geronimo.runtime.v21/pom.xml pom.xml
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:16:13 GMT

On Oct 15, 2010, at 8:19 AM, Ted Kirby wrote:

> Delos,
>
> I know you thanked Hong Fang Han for the patch in the JIRA, but is it
> not also the practice to include the thanks in the svn commit log
> message?

Yes it is. It serves several purposes:

1) We love contributions. The more thanks we give to the contributor, the better. It also
helps other community members notice the contribution
2) It explicitly notes that this code is not created by the committer, but the contributor.
The svn commit message ties this information into our svn repository. Otherwise, we are dependent
upon the information in the Jira...

--kevan