geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ActivationSpecs and Geronimo.
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 01:07:02 GMT
I think perhaps we need to reconsider the activation spec info map, since it isn't used.  The
purpose was to record in a geronimo-friendly way the info about the activation spec in the
ra.xml.  Originally the spec seemed to indicate all the properties should be listed in the
ra.xml but more recent spec versions appear to indicate that the info in ra.xml is basically
advisory and not really useful for anything.  In this model, the map holds dynamic gbean info
templates that are copied and filled in with actual values when an activation spec is needed.
 Even if we need this info, this map is not any longer a good way to store it.

 The activation specs are actually created by openejb so I think it will need to do the validation.

thanks
david jencks

On Oct 11, 2010, at 5:58 PM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> I've been trying to add some tests for bean validation of JCA ActivationSpec objects,
but I've having trouble figuring out where these objects get activated.  They get created
as GBeans in the ConnectorModuleBuilder, but not really added as beans to the module, but
rather set as a map in the ResourceAdaptorModuleImpl instance.  However, I don't see that
that map is actually used for anything and there's no obvious activation point.

> Ideally, these objects should be validated when the configuration is activated, so perhaps
the appropriate solution would be to have the ResourceAdaptorModuleImpl GBean implement GBeanLifeCycle
and validate all of the ActivationSpecs in the ActivationSpecInfoMap.  Does this seem like
a reasonable approach?