geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Trygve Sanne Hardersen <try...@hypobytes.com>
Subject Re: slow jetty shutdown
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2010 17:30:35 GMT
On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 3:22 PM, Trygve Sanne Hardersen wrote:

> I've noticed that Jetty logs the following warning on startup:
>
> # Acceptors should be <=2*availableProcessors
>
> Geronimo applies the maxThreads parameter as the number of acceptor threads
> in Jetty, and I believe the default value of 50 is way too high. I've tried
> using 4 on my system, and this makes shutdowns much faster (12 seconds vs.
> 104 seconds with Maven). This is still slow though.

I have attached a patch that sets the number of acceptor threads to 2 per
connector, and exposes this as well as the acceptor queue size to the
config-substitutions.properties file. Jetty standalone uses 2 acceptor
threads by default, and with these settings the server shutdown is pretty
fast. I also believe they are more correct, and they remove the startup
warning mentioned above.

I did not find a way to use separate settings for the HTTP, HTTPS and AJP
connectors. I believe that requires separate parameter names.

Thanks!

Trygve