geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1vams...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bean Validation problems in trunk.
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2010 16:19:01 GMT
On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 8:03 AM, Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1vamsi1c@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 11:47 PM, Rick McGuire <rickmcg@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  The recent changes to the bean validation support appear to be causing
>> failures in both the TCK and the bean validation testsuite.  I've tried to
>> do a little problem determination, but I think Vamsi is probably going to
>> need to take a look at this.  In the testsuite failures, it looks to me that
>> the validation factory configuration is not getting set up correctly so that
>> not all of the constraints are getting applied in the tests.  Many of the
>> failures are just using the default constraint classes.
>>
> I see that only those constraint classes that are within the  same test
> project are being used in the validation, but the default ones are not.  I
> will take a look at what is happening.

As of rev 1005583 (by which the earlier test is reorganized and EJB test is
added) the tests are passing.  Rev 1005852 is the only other rev that
touched plugins\bval, but the change in that rev seems to have not affected
the test status.  I will investigate further.

>> In the TCK, I'm seeing a lot of the same failures where the test was
>> expecting constraint failures and not getting any, so this is probably the
>> same thing.
>>
>> There's at least one other problem with the TCK.  A number of tests are
>> getting deploy failures because of errors with the validation.xml.  Since
>> these tests actually ARE tests for the invalid XML. this suggests that any
>> parsing errors discovered at deploy time should not be terminal.
>>
> hmm...  I will change the deployment exceptions to log warning messages
> instead.

I have changed the code to log debug messages instead of throwing deployment
exceptions.  Commited in revision 1022595.  This should take care of the TCK
tests related to invalid XML.

--
Vamsi