geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: windows build problem with trunk Plugins, BVal :: Core
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 03:14:47 GMT

On Oct 14, 2010, at 7:48 PM, Ted Kirby wrote:

> Thanks Shawn and Janet.  I switched to Sun JDK, and not only got by
> this problem, but, after a couple others, I got a successful build!
> WooHoo!
>
> I was getting the error with JRE 1.6.0 IBM Windows 32 build
> pwi3260sr7-20091217_01 (SR7).  Do we support building only with Sun
> JDK?

Umm. No. I can't think why we'd say that. Would seem there are two possibilities:

1) IBM JDK has more strict validation and we should fix our source (I'm not sure if Shawn
and Janet are using Sun or IBM JDK), or
2) There's a compiler bug

Google 'inconvertible types' and you'll get a number of hits for compiler bugs in this area.
Your IBM JDK is nearly a year old. I'd guess there's a decent chance that upgrading would
fix your problem.

--kevan