geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Connector and Bean Validation support.
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2010 17:03:29 GMT

On Oct 7, 2010, at 9:42 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> I've finally gotten the code I've been working on for adding Bean Validation support
to the Geronimo connector component working well enough that the server will come up.  I've
attached patches to the Jira showing what I've changed.

> I'd love a review and comments from anybody who has time to look at this.  I also have
a couple of questions about whether this is complete enough or not:

I'll take a look, may be a couple days.  I think if you're happy with the code you should
commit it.

> 1)  In general, I've added the validation code to the connector component.  Each of the
bean wrapper classes now takes an optional ValidatorFactory instance and uses that be validate
the object instance before it is started.  The one exception to this is the AdminObject beans.
 The AdminObjectWrapper class only exists in Geronimo and is directly a GBean.  For the other
object types, the wrapper class is implemented in the connector component, and the Geronimo
code subclasses the wrapper to make it into a GBean and adds the additional GBean lifecycle
methods.  I'm thinking that the AdminObjectWrapper class should be refactored the same way
so that these objects are also directly validated by the connector component.  That is, much
of the existing AdminObjectWrapper should be moved to the connector component, and then Geronimo
will create an appropriate GBean wrapper for the object.

I think this would be a good idea.

> 2)  I see that OpenEJB has a bit of code that deals with ActivationSpecs.  Do these OpenEJB
ActivationSpec instances get wrapped up with ActivationSpecWrappers on the Geronimo side,
or is there some additional validation support that needs to be implemented inside of OpenEJB?
 I don't have a very clear picture on how things interoperate at this level.

The openejb code does not relate to the ActivationSpecWrapper.  You'd probably need an interface
in openejb, but I wonder if we should have openejb delegate creating the activation spec to
the oonnector component.

david jencks