geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: geronimo-owb integration
Date Sun, 31 Oct 2010 07:24:36 GMT
I should have mentioned that
- I've only been testing with tomcat so far.
- I've cribbed what I think is the exclusion list from the jboss svn.

I now have all the tests passing in tomcat with the owb patches mentioned below.  jetty is
next....

thanks
david jencks

On Oct 29, 2010, at 2:44 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> With some great help from the OWB community I am down to one jcdi tck failure locally.
 This failure is caused by some confusion between the geronimo and owb integrations, we are
running two OWB lifecycles over the same classes and some things are getting created twice.

> I have a few OWB fixes that haven't been accepted yet:
>
> OWB-473.  The osgi metadata for openwebbeans-jsf is incomplete, this bundle needs to
import some javassist packages so its classes can be proxied.
> OWB-482  This includes a few small patches, one of which appears to be necessary
> - the build doesn't work, at least under maven 3, unless the checkstyle rules are included
as a dependency
> - Geronimo appears to be trying to load some extensions twice.  Checking for duplicates
will in general prevent problems from this and related scenarios.  Possibly this is triggered
by the two-lifecycle situation causing the remaining tck failure.