geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: slow jetty shutdown
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2010 14:21:55 GMT

On Oct 26, 2010, at 9:15 AM, Trygve Sanne Hardersen wrote:

> Hi, I have been playing with a newer Jetty version for Geronimo 2.2 lately, and I'm happy
to see that the branch has been updated to 7.2.0.v20101020. However the server shutdown is
terribly slow now (takes more than a minute).

> Any idea what might be causing this? I have checked that the standalone Jetty distribution
does not have the same problem, nor does Geronimo 2.2 r1027366. I'm on OS X 10.6 with Java
6.

I haven't run with the newer jetty. Can you send a kill -3 to the server process during server
shutdown to capture the java thread stack traces? Should give some indication about what's
happening during your slow shutdown...

--kevan