geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: slow jetty shutdown
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2010 17:01:45 GMT
On 10/26/2010 12:10 PM, Trygve Sanne Hardersen wrote:
> Thanks for you suggestions.
>
> I have been using Jetty trunk internally for a couple of weeks, and
> did my own changes to the Geronimo codebase to make them work. These
> are much the same as the ones that have been added to Geronimo now, so
> I have replaced them with your changes.
>
> I haven't had any problems running the new Jetty once the changes to
> Geronimo were in place, but I'll try to debug/kill the server during
> shutdown and let you know what I find.

I just committed some fixes that finally allow the server to start and
I'm seeing some exceptions and a very slow shutdown time now.  From the
exceptions, I have a feeling that there have been some lifecycle changes
in jetty that are resulting in somethings getting restarted every time a
filter is removed.  This will probably take a little more work to sort out.

Rick