geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: slow jetty shutdown
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2010 14:47:08 GMT
On 10/26/2010 10:21 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:
> On Oct 26, 2010, at 9:15 AM, Trygve Sanne Hardersen wrote:
>
>> Hi, I have been playing with a newer Jetty version for Geronimo 2.2 lately, and I'm
happy to see that the branch has been updated to 7.2.0.v20101020. However the server shutdown
is terribly slow now (takes more than a minute).

>> Any idea what might be causing this? I have checked that the standalone Jetty distribution
does not have the same problem, nor does Geronimo 2.2 r1027366. I'm on OS X 10.6 with Java
6.
> I haven't run with the newer jetty. Can you send a kill -3 to the server process during
server shutdown to capture the java thread stack traces? Should give some indication about
what's happening during your slow shutdown...

I can't even get the server to start up with the new Jetty.  There
appear to be some interface changes that still need to be accounted for
(working on a potential fix).  Not much has been done with the new
version yet...the switch was done less than 24 hours ago primarily to
see if there are any issues with making the switch.

Rick