geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Bean Validation problems in trunk.
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 18:17:59 GMT
  The recent changes to the bean validation support appear to be causing
failures in both the TCK and the bean validation testsuite.  I've tried
to do a little problem determination, but I think Vamsi is probably
going to need to take a look at this.  In the testsuite failures, it
looks to me that the validation factory configuration is not getting set
up correctly so that not all of the constraints are getting applied in
the tests.  Many of the failures are just using the default constraint
classes.

In the TCK, I'm seeing a lot of the same failures where the test was
expecting constraint failures and not getting any, so this is probably
the same thing.

There's at least one other problem with the TCK.  A number of tests are
getting deploy failures because of errors with the validation.xml.
Since these tests actually ARE tests for the invalid XML. this suggests
that any parsing errors discovered at deploy time should not be terminal.

Rick