geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject ActivationSpecs and Geronimo.
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 00:58:45 GMT
  I've been trying to add some tests for bean validation of JCA
ActivationSpec objects, but I've having trouble figuring out where these
objects get activated.  They get created as GBeans in the
ConnectorModuleBuilder, but not really added as beans to the module, but
rather set as a map in the ResourceAdaptorModuleImpl instance.  However,
I don't see that that map is actually used for anything and there's no
obvious activation point.

Ideally, these objects should be validated when the configuration is
activated, so perhaps the appropriate solution would be to have the
ResourceAdaptorModuleImpl GBean implement GBeanLifeCycle and validate
all of the ActivationSpecs in the ActivationSpecInfoMap.  Does this seem
like a reasonable approach?

Rick