geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Connector and Bean Validation support.
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2010 16:42:56 GMT
  I've finally gotten the code I've been working on for adding Bean
Validation support to the Geronimo connector component working well
enough that the server will come up.  I've attached patches to the Jira
showing what I've changed.

I'd love a review and comments from anybody who has time to look at
this.  I also have a couple of questions about whether this is complete
enough or not:

1)  In general, I've added the validation code to the connector
component.  Each of the bean wrapper classes now takes an optional
ValidatorFactory instance and uses that be validate the object instance
before it is started.  The one exception to this is the AdminObject
beans.  The AdminObjectWrapper class only exists in Geronimo and is
directly a GBean.  For the other object types, the wrapper class is
implemented in the connector component, and the Geronimo code subclasses
the wrapper to make it into a GBean and adds the additional GBean
lifecycle methods.  I'm thinking that the AdminObjectWrapper class
should be refactored the same way so that these objects are also
directly validated by the connector component.  That is, much of the
existing AdminObjectWrapper should be moved to the connector component,
and then Geronimo will create an appropriate GBean wrapper for the object.

2)  I see that OpenEJB has a bit of code that deals with
ActivationSpecs.  Do these OpenEJB ActivationSpec instances get wrapped
up with ActivationSpecWrappers on the Geronimo side, or is there some
additional validation support that needs to be implemented inside of
OpenEJB?  I don't have a very clear picture on how things interoperate
at this level.

Rick