geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSR 319: Availability Management for Java
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 13:12:58 GMT

On Oct 14, 2010, at 11:14 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> On Oct 14, 2010, at 1:08 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:
>

>> On Oct 14, 2010, at 2:07 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>>
>>> The JSR was approved this summer.  If no one minds I'm going to put this into
specs.

>> Can't think of any objections. Can't say that I've looked at the spec... Something
you're going to be working on?

> It's a nice, clean, abstraction between containers and the availability agents that manage
the container's and the container's deployment units lifecycle.  Very nice loose coupling
that doesn't try to be a swiss army knife of management, which is refreshing.

> I think that I can weave it into Geronimo without affecting how Geronimo works now but
thus provide a way for availability agents to cleanly plugin if needed.  I'll do the work
in a sandbox to solicit comments before I do any real damage.  :)

Heh. Thanks. Sounds interesting.

--kevan