geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: JSR 319: Availability Management for Java
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 03:14:56 GMT

On Oct 14, 2010, at 1:08 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Oct 14, 2010, at 2:07 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>
>> The JSR was approved this summer.  If no one minds I'm going to put this into specs.
>
> Can't think of any objections. Can't say that I've looked at the spec... Something you're
going to be working on?

It's a nice, clean, abstraction between containers and the availability agents that manage
the container's and the container's deployment units lifecycle.  Very nice loose coupling
that doesn't try to be a swiss army knife of management, which is refreshing.

I think that I can weave it into Geronimo without affecting how Geronimo works now but thus
provide a way for availability agents to cleanly plugin if needed.  I'll do the work in a
sandbox to solicit comments before I do any real damage.  :)

Regards,
Alan