On Sep 27, 2010, at 7:15 AM, Ivan wrote:

Currently, the default servlet is merged in the deployment time, and I am thinking that we might need  to have a better way for merging the default web.xml file. It seems that we could not easily modify those parameters if we want to enable/disable some functions in the default servlet and jasper servlet after the application is deplooyed.

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I can see overriding the default servlets could be a good idea, I'll think about how to do that.  We could also do stuff like using config admin to change init params on servlets but this might conflict with servlet lifecycle requirements.

This particular problem is caused by the default welcome files being missing, adding index.jsp explicitly to the portal driver web.xml fixes it.  Should be an easy fix to make sure the default welcome files are getting added....

thanks
david jencks