geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Gawor <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discussion] WAB Deployment Way
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 05:40:27 GMT
On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 10:29 PM, viola lu <viola.lu@gmail.com> wrote:
> From https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-5588, currenlty WAB is
> deployed via osgi: install, or packaged in EAB , then deployed via admin
> console. If it's deployed via admin console, it's recognized as WAR, shall
> we keep current way in future? Or will enable WBA deployment via admin
> console and deployer tool?

WAB is really just a bundle. What we should support is installation of
a bundle through the admin console and/or command line tool. I think
there might already be a JIRA open for that.
What I'm not sure about is if WAB, EBA, and any other Java EE
application installation should happen through the existing Deployer
in the admin console or if we should have separate installers for
OSGI-based archives (WAB, EBA) and Java EE applications (EAR, WAR,
etc.)

> Also there is another question here: WAB is a bundle, its classpath can be
> set via bundle classpath or use default classpath( classes keep the same
> level with WEB-INF:,  but it's also a JavaEE application, whose default
> classpath is "classes or lib are under the subfolder of WEB-INF, this is
> defined in RFC 66. If as definition in RFC 66, osgi: install won't load
> classes under WEB-INF in WAB. Or shall we support both?

Yes, it will. The bundle classpath header just needs to be set correctly.

Jarek