geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan <xhh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Enable Declartive Security in Jetty ?
Date Sat, 18 Sep 2010 00:36:39 GMT

> On Sep 17, 2010, at 12:44 AM, Ivan wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >     While looking at some Servlet Security JIRAs, I begun some code
> refactors on the SpecSecurityBuilder, including :
> >     a. Add more Info class for the security configurations, and serialize
> those in the .ser file, with them, it would avoid the xml parsing on the
> startup time and make the codes look simple
>
> excellent idea!
>
> >     b. Use ServletContext more in the SpecSecurityBuilder, as it is more
> helpful for some calculations, such as get the mapping urls for the target
> servlet.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean here, but I haven't looked closely at
> SpecSecurityBuilder.  Could you be more specific?

 e.g. Use the method ServetContext.getServletRegistration().getMapping could
eaisly get all the url patterns of the target servlet.

> >     To make these functions work, especially the option b. it requires to
> enable declarative security in Jetty integration, generally speaking, will
> adopt the same way as Tomcat integration does,
> >     a. create a Wrapper class for ServletContextHandler.Context class, so
> that we could monitor those new added dynamic servlets. One thing might be
> care is that the codes need to distinguish the servlets from web.xml, as
> they are also added by ServletContext now in Jetty.
> >     b. Add a EventListener to ServletContextHandler, it will be
> resposible for the security calculation and fill it into
> ApplicationPolicyConfigurationManager.
> >

> I think you mean "declarative security for servlets added by the addServlet
> methods on ServletContext"?  Jetty will want to deal with that too, so I
> think putting something in the jetty code that calls out to a security
> builder of some kind (we can install our own) is the best plan here.  Then
> we shouldn't need more wrapping.  Maybe I don't understand exactly what you
> mean?  What would the event listener do?

  In the Tomcat integration, a JACCListener is attached to the web context,
while it receives the initialize event, a specsecuritybuilder is created,
while the started event is received, it will build the permissions and fill
the result to the policymanager.

  We need wrapper here, especially in Jetty now, since all the servlets are
registered dynamically, for jetty itself, it will not know what to return
for some methods, e,g, ServletRegistration.Dynamic.setServletSecurity
method, it needs to return all the un-affected url patterns. Also, since
most of the security related issues are handled by Geronimo, there is no
need to call the initial codes.

--
Ivan