geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan <xhh...@gmail.com>
Subject Use Truezip in Geronimo deployment
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2010 08:40:20 GMT
Hi,
    While looking at the deployment codes, I was tired of packing/unpacking
the application package, actually, what we do is just to add some Geronimo
specific configuration files, updating some configuration files.
    IIRC, in one deployment process, we need to
    a. copy the jar file to a temp folder
    b. extract the zip file
    c. package the directory for the application analysis
    d. repackage the directory for the final installation.

How about using the TrueZip, it is a ASL 2.0 opensource project, and seems
it supports updating the zip file virtually, even the nested zip file.
    Project URL : https://truezip.dev.java.net/

    Any comment ? thanks.
--
Ivan