geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan <xhh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discussion]Add more context level configurations for Tomcat
Date Sat, 25 Sep 2010 08:01:53 GMT
While checking the patch provided by viola, I am planning to use a map to
hold all the context level attributes, and remove all those duplicate
parameters from the WebAppContextWrapper constructor, e.g. contextPath,
workDir ... The so long constructor signature always make the code not so
gentle, IMO.
For the deployment plan, I would like to use the schema below, as it makes
me feel that it is hard to keep the latest tomcat context attributes.
In the future, I hope that we could remove those Geornimo type
configurations, like valve-chain ...
Any comment ? If no objection, I would do these changes.

<xs:element name="context" type="tomcat:contextType" minOccurs="0">
                <xs:annotation>
                    <xs:documentation>
                        The context element provides the same function as
used in
                        Tomcat, it supports context level attributes and