geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn Jiang <genspr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discussion] WAB Deployment Way
Date Sun, 26 Sep 2010 04:50:00 GMT
On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 10:29 AM, viola lu <viola.lu@gmail.com> wrote:

> From https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-5588, currenlty WAB is
> deployed via osgi: install, or packaged in EAB , then deployed via admin
> console. If it's deployed via admin console, it's recognized as WAR, shall
> we keep current way in future? Or will enable WBA deployment via admin
> console and deployer tool?

I think we should not support deploy WAB from "admin console depoyer" or
"deploy deploy" command.   Because the users need to know what's the real
type of the application they want to deploy before deciding which deployment
method to use.

Just like the current differences between  "deploy deploy" and "deploy
install-plugin".   Though, sometime,  a plugin is also a kind of WAR.   We
need to use "deploy install-plugin" instead of "deploy deploy" to deploy a
car.

Maybe we could add an option "deploy install-wab"  to the current deploy
command,   thoughts ?

--
Shawn