geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: http://localhost:8080/console/ is showing directory listing instead of login page
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2010 09:00:45 GMT

On Sep 28, 2010, at 6:53 PM, Ivan wrote:

> On Sep 27, 2010, at 7:15 AM, Ivan wrote:
>
>> Currently, the default servlet is merged in the deployment time, and I am thinking
that we might need  to have a better way for merging the default web.xml file. It seems that
we could not easily modify those parameters if we want to enable/disable some functions in
the default servlet and jasper servlet after the application is deplooyed.

> I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I can see overriding the default servlets could
be a good idea, I'll think about how to do that.  We could also do stuff like using config
admin to change init params on servlets but this might conflict with servlet lifecycle requirements.

>    Yes, that is what I mean. we do need a way to change the init parameters for those
servlets

I changed the merge code so if there is already a servlet of the same name as one in the default
web app, the servlet won't be added from the default web app.  So if you want different default
servlet behavior you can include the default servlet with whatever configuration you want
in your web.xml.  There's something similar for filters.

> , also, I remember that some default mime-mapping in the default web.xml, it should be
added, too.

I fixed a bunch of problems with the merge code, now we have default mime-mappings.  We might
want default locale info too.

>    Thanks.
>

> This particular problem is caused by the default welcome files being missing, adding
index.jsp explicitly to the portal driver web.xml fixes it.  Should be an easy fix to make
sure the default welcome files are getting added....

Should be working now as of rev 1002525

thanks
david jencks

> thanks
> david jencks
>

>> 2010/9/27 Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1vamsi1c@gmail.com>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I built the server from latest trunk (Revision: 1001591. Wow! a million commits to
the subversion repo!!) and ran the server from geronimo-tomcat7-javaee6-web-3.0-SNAPSHOT assembly.
 When I access the URL http://localhost:8080/console/ , I am getting a directory listing instead
of the login page!!  Anyone else seeing this?  Anybody knows what is broken?