geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: http://localhost:8080/console/ is showing directory listing instead of login page
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2010 19:28:52 GMT

On Sep 27, 2010, at 7:15 AM, Ivan wrote:

> Currently, the default servlet is merged in the deployment time, and I am thinking that
we might need  to have a better way for merging the default web.xml file. It seems that we
could not easily modify those parameters if we want to enable/disable some functions in the
default servlet and jasper servlet after the application is deplooyed.

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I can see overriding the default servlets could be a
good idea, I'll think about how to do that.  We could also do stuff like using config admin
to change init params on servlets but this might conflict with servlet lifecycle requirements.

This particular problem is caused by the default welcome files being missing, adding index.jsp
explicitly to the portal driver web.xml fixes it.  Should be an easy fix to make sure the
default welcome files are getting added....

thanks
david jencks

> 2010/9/27 Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1vamsi1c@gmail.com>
> Hi,
>
> I built the server from latest trunk (Revision: 1001591. Wow! a million commits to the
subversion repo!!) and ran the server from geronimo-tomcat7-javaee6-web-3.0-SNAPSHOT assembly.
 When I access the URL http://localhost:8080/console/ , I am getting a directory listing instead
of the login page!!  Anyone else seeing this?  Anybody knows what is broken?