geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bad things that are happening when we perform a release using windows
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 18:01:08 GMT

On Sep 13, 2010, at 1:41 PM, Donald Woods wrote:

> Or is it simply that not everyone has updated their .subversion/config
> with suggested values (to handle eol-style and autoprops) or that we're
> missing svn props from some of our files?

More than that, I think. I'm pretty sure that changes to the recommended subversion config
would be needed (and other changes required, also).

For instance, .sh scripts are currently eol-style=native. Which means a Windows build would
create the scripts with CR-LF. This could be fixed. However, there are other Windoze-related
errors, also (mixed-mode files, etc). So, until they're all understood and resolved, seems
like we're better off building releases from non windows machines.

--kevan