OK, I got your meaning. I was confused by source jar and source-release zip. It's the first time maven-plugin is released with release plugin, the source-release zip file is missing. There must be some mis-configure in its pom. I will investigate it.

2010/8/10 Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com>

On Aug 9, 2010, at 10:26 PM, Delos wrote:

> Hi Kevan,
>
> Thanks for your reply!
>
> maven-plugin 1.1 is parent of maven-eclipsepde-plugin 1.1. We only have source code for maven-eclipsepde-plugin. You may find it under https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-030/org/apache/geronimo/devtools/maven-eclipsepde-plugin/1.1/

Right. That's the sources jar file, I mentioned. The jar file is not a replacement for a source distribution file. As you note, it does not contain the necessary files (to build).

See http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/components/geronimo-txmanager-parent/3.0/ for examples of source "distributions", n

> If you hope to build the source, I'm afraid you need to check out the tag first.
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/maven-plugins/tags/1.1/

No. As a release manager, you are preparing a source distribution file. That is the artifact(s) that the community is "releasing". Our community expects that the contents of this source distribution will match the contents of the svn tag. However, the vote should be performed on the source distribution file (not svn).

In case there's any question, I'm -1 until this issue is resolved.

--kevan

--
Best Regards,

Delos