geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NOTICE files in the spec projects
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 13:03:28 GMT

On Aug 20, 2010, at 6:07 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> 2)  Should the source NOTICE file be kept as is or changed to match the generated NOTICE
file?  Keeping these the same is definitely a manual process, so there's a good chance there
will be drift over time.  I suspect there's also a good chance that new projects will get
created by using an existing project as a model, so it's also likely that mismatches will
get included that way.  I think I would lean toward using the common source NOTICE file with
the generic "Apache Geronimo" name.

Since I wasn't clear -- "Apache Geronimo" is a good solution. Necessary and sufficient...

--kevan