geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Gawor <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The default profile in framework/modules/pom.xml
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 05:25:13 GMT
On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 12:11 AM, Rex Wang <rwonly@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a default profile in framework/modules/pom.xml.
> Could anyone give me any clue why we need it?
> It causes problems when I do my custom build with the following cmd:
> mvn install -Dstage=bootstrap
> mvn install -Dstage=assemble

What are you trying to do? -Dstage=bootstrap builds stuff only needed
for car-maven-plugin. It doesn't build the entire framework. But
-Dstage=assemble looks like it wants framework to be entirely built.

> The modules in this profile won't be built.
> Should we remove the profile?

The modules listed in /project/modules are always built. They
represent the minimal/required set of modules for car-maven-plugin.
The modules listed in the default profile are combined with
/project/modules and represent all framework modules. By default we
want to build all modules and when -Dstage=bootstrap is enabled we
only want to build the minimal set.

So yes, the default profile is needed. But again, I'm not sure what
you are trying to do. And there might be other ways we can refactor
the pom that will work better. Actually, maybe we want to remove the
stage-assemble profile in root pom. It seems out-of-date and not
really useful all that much.

Jarek