geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From chi runhua <chirun...@gmail.com>
Subject What happened to Geronimo plugins in 3.0
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 09:36:33 GMT
Hi devs,

I'm trying to sort out how the geronimo plugin works in 3.0 and what the
differences are comparing to the ones in the previous version. After reading
some code and JIRAs, I'm quite confused...., such as
    *  is a geronimo-plugin.xml file required any longer?
    *  what's relationship between a geronimo plugin and an OSGi bundle?  A
plugin is a bundle actually now?
    *  How to expose services from a geronimo plugin?
    *  What purpose does a repository.xml in a geronimo-plugin package
serve?
    *  How to manage the Lifecyle of a geronimo plugin?

Could anyone shed some light on me?

Thanks a lot.

Jeff